Linggo, Pebrero 16, 2014

My Dream My Future

“The Time Machine”

            Behold me in a time machine’s cockpit ready to ride into the future. I push the “START” button and the engine purrs into life Next, I punch my name in the built-in computer and below the blinking words ”DESTINATION YEAR”, I enter 2024. Uncontrollably, I fell into a deep sleep.

            The pervading silence jerked me out of my slumber. The year indicator revealed I had travelled ten years into the future. I am, disoriented as to how long I have stayed in the time machine and as to where I am. The surroundings and landmarks are totally unfamiliar. 

            Alighting from the machine I reckoned that it had landed in the middle of a garden of different flowering plant varieties and ornamental trees and about 30 meters away stands a two-storey residential house, with a gazebo and a garage for two cars.

            The front door is unlocked so I enter the dwelling with trepidation. The furniture pieces look moderately expensive. The chandelier is fabulous. The fireplace is an architectural masterpiece. The walls are adorned with several paintings that reflect the owner’s fine taste in art. The floor carpet is so thick it gives one the experience of walking in the air.

            The kitchen is a chef’s delight. Assorted canned foods fill the cupboards. The china and utensils are simply impressive.

            The toilet and bath is spotlessly clean. On the open cabinet are stocked an assortment of soaps colognes and fragrances. Also found are towels and bath robes. It’s immaculate ambience is accented by the flawless while marble tiles used in the walls and on the floor.

            The master’s bedroom is a paradise. The circular bed is a real delight. On one corner are found a wide-screen television and beside it is a state-of-the-art audio device, and video game gadget. The private toilet and bathroom is clean and fragrant. Lighting can be controlled or adjusted and the curtains inspire awe.

            The last place of house I looked into is the den. Thereat I get the shock of my life. I cannot believe my eyes! On the walls are my High School, and Collegiate diplomas. I am a pharmacist by profession. And I have finished a masteral degree too.

            Opening a table drawer I found a pile of personal papers and legal documents. One recites that I was appointed as Supervising Pharmacist in a multinational drug company and my salary is paid in dollar not in pesos. Then I see a contract I have concluded with Chrysler Corporation wherein I purchased my car for $8000 dollars. To my amazement, why is the transaction in dollars? Finally another document came up evidencing that I purchased the house from a land developer and is located at Hagemann Avenue, San Francisco, California, USA!

            I dare not travel back into the past anymore. I have arrived!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento